Saturday, February 7, 2009

SoupHer Quilters Wallhanging


I have a quilt group called "SoupHer Quilters", we meet the last Monday of the month in my home.
I started this group in February 2006, this month we will be celebrating our 3rd birthday/anniversary. The very first meeting there were 3 of us, the group has grown , and now there are about 16 in total who attend. The name came to me one morning in the shower, I get some great ideas there LOL. keep in clean LOL. I have a pot of homemade soup ready when they arrive, we meet from 6 till 9:00 and we share our love of quilting with show and tell and we also have many who bring some hand stitching to work on while we chat. We do love to share ideas and we talk( what most of us women do best) about what life has challenged us with. The wallhanging in the pic is comprised of a block with bowl with a spoon appliqued , each block was made by one of the quilters in our group, to identify who made which block ,they put their name on the handle of the spoon. I saw this idea in a quilt magazine, shortly after starting the quilt group , and thought the idea appropriate . So I am not taking credit for the idea. but it is special and hangs in my sewing studio .
This month we will be having a special guest ,its a surprise so I cant share her name yet.. she will be advicing us on the best use of scraps . I will post again with pics soon.. Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. What a nice quilt June - I wish I could drop in on your group - it sounds like fun. It is nice to see your blog. I am starting to look forward to the Western Retreat this June. Time flies by! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome to drop in, in fact Id be honored to have you join us anytime. I am looking forward to the retreat as well, and I will be going to one next month, will be there from Thursday evening until Sunday noon, so am really looking forward to getting lots done, and some greatconversation with new quilt friends.. I am not spending as much time with the blog, but I plan on learning more in time. Thanks for your enocuraging words. Huggggggggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June, love your "Soup" Wall hanging, it's so cute, and love the name of your quilting group too. Where do you put everyone when you get together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a basement that gives us space to set up a table, and chairs.. I also have several couches and armchairs. but yes the room is full when we all get together. I have a sewing studio set up as well downstairs. Its so wonderful to be blessed by so many wonderful ( quilty) friends.. I am so looking forward to our get together next Monday as we celebrate our 3rd birthday/anniversary..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful... hope you had a good celebration!

    ReplyDelete