Thursday, March 12, 2009

Counting Cows


I will add a few more later, I just wanted to see if the posting of the quilt would work... MOOOOOOOOvalous

5 comments:

  1. adorable quilt - awesome work - keep it up!

    jennifer c.
    onequilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I love this quilt.... can you email me the name of the pattern.... ??? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call that a calico herd of crossbred cattle. Pretty much what we raise, cattle of several breds. Crossbred cattle are more vigorous than prebreds. When someone says a cow has color..they usually mean white markings. A cow with a white face is a baldy, with added markings in the white is a brawkle face. A cow with spots on the eyes is coon-eyed. In different regions of course everything has a new name. Take care..git along little doggies. Sew Peacefully DEB};o

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern called Baby Bovines.. by Debbie Mumm. I dont have the original pattern either, I got it from a friend. but I know if you do a search online, its there. The pic of the four blocks that makes a wallhanging..
    http://www.bstmarket.com/quilting/Mumm/DMBabybovines.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is A DOR ABLE!!! And the new owner is super cute. I'll have to look in my Debbie Mumm books for that design although I don't remember seeing it anywhere. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete