Time for an update, I had such a great time at the Gull Lake retreat... Left Thursday afternoon accompanied by two girlfriends with all our sewing stuff , and returned at suppertime Sunday. The accomodations were excellent, Large open area. with windows across the full front of the room. There were a total of 16 of us at retreat the only group there. I understand the cabins we stayed in were just finished in the fall , and the mattresses for the twin beds were unwrapped the day before we arrived.. It was so relaxing, the best part, three meals cooked and cleanup someone else does.. doesnt get better than that.. I managed to get two quilt tops done.. thats two of the four grad quilts Im sewing before the end of June.
It has been busy since I got back. I had my SoupHer quilters on Monday evening, made homemade Beef Barley and vegetable soup.. We had a smaller group because of spring break, we gave out our soupher quilter awards..
The Campbells award, the Lipton award. you get the idea. and everyone brought show and tell so they all got an award..We sure enjoyed the evening..
Brooklynn was here Tuesday and overnight and will be back to spend the weekend. I will pick her up on Friday afternoon.
I was at the Leduc Guild last night and we tied quilts for charity. I feel like one of the group now, as they are the ones who organized the retreat.
Saturday is another sewing for charity day, so will go and spend a few hours in the morning helping out..
Did some housecleaning today.. I think Spring fever has hit, seem to have found some added energy, might be the sunshine we had all day yesterday.
I even went for a walk with a couple of girlfriends..
I will post pics soon , when the quilts are ready for viewing..
I hope to get the other two started this week, even if its just getting the blocks cut..
I hope you are enjoying some spring weather . smile it makes others wonder what your thinking about LOL
Here is a great site I found yesterday, with a video to watch on making a continuous binding, I have done this before but always have to do the frog stitch many times to get it right.. Check out this site. until next happy quilting http://www.baileysquiltinghq.com/FREE%20STUFF/freevideo/files/page23-1002-pop.html
Pedal To The Metal!
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment